Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Trying to be like Uncle Dan


Abbey came home from school today with a book she got from the library about a dog. She had started drawing the dog at school and when she got home she came right to the counter and started drawing again. She's been at it almost all afternoon and a little bit this evening.





This is how it looked when she got home. She did not trace the dog and then start the coloring in, she drew it free hand from the actual picture on the book.








This is how it looks now--unfortunately she has to go to bed. I'll take a better picture of it when it is done. What do you think Uncle Dan...do we have another artist in the family?? You can't really see it in the picture but the dog has a collar on and she just put some squiggles on it but it looks good.
















3 comments:

Arizona Gronseths said...

I do believe she will be better than me in no time! btw, I have an art show in a gallery (my first). I'll blog it once I get some pictures.

Sue Feenstra said...

I can't wait to see it!

Gail said...

Wow! Fantastic! I can't wait to see the finished product.